Powered by Blogger.

Nicole at Eighteen

I first met Nicole on the same day we took her pre-birthday portraits. We went together with her parents, travelled to our shoot locations in San Jose. While in the back seat of the car, I saw a lot of great spots for portraits. I forgot how beautiful the trees and the tall grasses looked when the sun's light touched them. The light was so soft and golden you'd want to take a few moments to experience it. Most people take this for granted but I cherish it whenever I can, because it's so fleeting. One moment it's there, the next, it's gone. Our main spot was on top of a hill overlooking the ocean and the wide expanse of this side of Negros Oriental. We had to take our stuff up there, hiked up for some 5-10 minutes. I found myself a bit gasping for air but when we reached the top, it was all good.

I saw Nicole as a very demure, soft-spoken lady. I also had a vision in my mind how I wanted the photos to look, I was going for something effortless, simple and inspired in the presence of nature. I will say my vision was a perfect match with her smile, in the way she moved and her personality as a whole.

I'm thankful for this opportunity to have a lot of creative freedom in these portraits, for Nic's parents for taking us up to these wonderful locations. All our combined efforts made a very simple, low key shoot into a success, show the world this girl's beauty inside and out, as she comes of age.

Coordination by Veronica Vicuña
Special thanks parents to Jan Ellen and Morris
Photos by Kat Banay







































No comments